NEED TO KNOW
1. ESTABLISHING THE SHUTDOWN
2. DEVELOP THE SHUTDOWN ORGANISATION
3. SHUTDOWN CONTROL PROTOCOLS
5. DETAILED WORK PLANNING
7. DELIVERING WORK
8. CLOSE-OUT OF SHUTDOWN
Shutdown Planner/Scheduler/Superintendent, Planning Manager/Engineer, Maintenance Planner/Manager, Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, Overhaul Coordinator, Project Manager, Reliability Manager, Site Manager and anybody who wants to get the most of their Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages.
Peter Durrant commenced a dedicated maintenance career as an electrical fitter and an electronics technician. Peter holds a Diploma of Engineering and an MBA in Technology Management. He worked his way up through the ranks in the Navy to hold senior engineering roles both at sea and ashore with the submarine arm. After the Navy, Peter transitioned through facilities maintenance in the service sector to senior management roles in the resource sector with WMC Limited. Peter has also consulted and contracted in various maintenance and asset management appointments across industry. Peter has a broad, balanced view of the maintenance craft. Peter has significant experience in work management and the behavioural aspects of sustainable organisational change with operators and maintainers.
Brian Ropitini is an an experienced facilitator, coach and mentor and an excellent communicator able to share vision with passion at all levels within an organisation. A fitter and turner by trade, he achieved success as a senior leader working at all levels within the organisation learning invaluable lessons at the coal face and honing these skills as he progressed to more senior roles. In his previous role as Methanex NZ, Director of Manufacturing, he was directly responsible for the overall business performance/results of three methanol plants (producing up to 2.2 million tonnes per year) along with their associated storage, transportation and loading facilities. Brian was also one of three Directors for Methanex NZ Ltd, an active member of the Methanex Global Manufacturing Team and executive sponsor of the Global Maintenance Management Team.
PRICES & OPTIONS
DOWNLOAD SHUTDOWN SCHOOL
Download this PDF to review the course topics and outcomes in detail.
8 CORE MODULES
- Establishing the Shutdown
- Develop the Shutdown Organisation
- Shutdown Control Protocols
- Detailed Work Planning
- Delivering Work
- Close-out of Shutdown
- The establishment and application of sound shutdown processes
- The application of asset reliability methods in a whole of life scenario
- An integrated approach (Maintenance, Production, Project, Safety)
- Risk processes for reviewing pre-determined shut parameters
- Increasing planned and unplanned shutdown intervals
- Decreasing planned and unplanned shutdown durations
- Control of shut overruns
HOW IT WORKS
- 16 hours of training, including comprehensive workbook
- Delivered to assist maintainers, operators, supply officers, engineers and managers understand work associated with the delivery of shutdowns and turnarounds. Improved shutdown delivery methods, when underpinned by sustainable shutdown processes and procedures, will yield substantial savings
- Public course runs over two days, including lunch and refreshments
- Option to run a private course, at your site, tailored for your company
- Online Live course runs over two weeks with Instructor coaching and participation
- Online course is self-paced and can be accessed immediately
From CIO's, Senior leaders and Functional Experts to Psychologists, Neuroscientists
and Change managers - the Mastering SAP program offers you thought leadership
and innovation from a diverse range of industries and companies.